: Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application on One Million Android Smartphones
Milpitas, Calif.,, Feb 08, 2011 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Kineto Wireless, Inc., the key innovator and leading supplier of solutions that enable smart offload for smartphones, today announced its Smart Wi-Fi application has been deployed on more than one million Android handsets worldwide.
- Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi application became commercially available in November 2010 to T-Mobile US and Orange UK subscribers and has been distributed on more than one million Android handsets in the first 60 days.
- Kineto is currently engaged with five smartphone manufacturers and anticipates having its application pre-loaded on more than 30 Android phone models in the first half of 2011.
- The application delivers all mobile services to smartphones over Wi-Fi, including voice, SMS and data, providing an effective indoor coverage solution for 4G, 3G and 2G networks.
- The Smart Wi-Fi application turns any Wi-Fi access point into an extension of the mobile network, providing an effective offload solution for operators.
"Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application gives T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling users coverage even in deep indoor environments cellular networks can't reach, using existing Wi-Fi access points. It's a win-win solution for T-Mobile and our subscribers" said Josh Lonn, director of in-building solutions for T-Mobile USA.
"We are seeing unprecedented demand for the Kineto Smart Wi-Fi Application. Mobile operators need to keep their smartphone customers satisfied with improved indoor coverage and their customers love Android devices, said Mark Powell, co-founder and vice president of Kineto Wireless. "We're delighted with the success of our Smart Wi-Fi application, subscribers are really embracing and enjoying it!"
End users are tweeting about the quality and performance of Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi application, used in T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling service:
- "T-Mobile - You are officially my service provider!! I made the switch yesterday and am loving the MyTouch 4G that I picked up!! WiFi Calling++"
- "T-Mobile - Wifi Calling rocks! I was in an apartment with no coverage and talked on the phone for an hour! Thanks!"
- "T-Mobile - Wifi Calling: /amazing/. I'm sitting in the middle of a busy coffee shop with no cell reception and just got a crystal clear call."
Additional customer comments can be found at www.WiFiCalling.net/twitter
Mobile World Congress
Kineto Wireless will demonstrate its Smart Wi-Fi solution at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Feb. 13-17, 2011, Hall 1, Stand A45.
Kineto and T-Mobile will jointly present on how mobile operators can leverage Wi-Fi to improve mobile coverage and increase network capacity at 14:00 on Feb. 15 in Hall 5, Room 6.
About Kineto Wireless
Kineto Wireless is the key innovator and leading supplier of smart offload solutions for smartphones. The company's products enable mobile operators to use existing Wi-Fi in subscriber's homes and offices to offload mobile voice and data services, improve mobile coverage and offer competitive mobile VoIP services. In addition, Kineto solutions enable voice over LTE. The company's Smart Wi-Fi Application and hosted Smart Offload-as-a-Service, based on the 3GPP UMA/GAN standard, have been deployed by mobile operators around the world. Kineto customers and partners include AudioCodes, Cisco, GENBAND, HTC, Juniper Networks, LG Electronics, Motorola, NEC, Orange, Qualcomm, RIM, Samsung and T-Mobile.
For more information, please visit http://www.kineto.com , and follow Kineto at http://www.twitter.com/kinetowireless.
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To IP Communications Global Community's Homepage ]